Thursday, August 2, 2018

"The Impression of Color", exhibit at Maryville College , August 2018

Everything is packed and ready to go to be hung at the gallery. two years of work in four rolls of quilts! That puts things in perspective..

Opening reception August 3rd, 6 PM - 8 PM.
Location: Denso Gallery at the Clayton Center for the Arts, Maryville College, Maryville, TN.
Please join me if you can!

Show runs through August, opening hours are 10 AM - 6 PM, Monday thru Friday.




Beautiful space for any art, and I feel so fortunate to be able to show what I love to do.  I have called the show "The Impression of Color". These pieces tell the story of my love for colors and how each color can influence each other. Layering of color is done  very intuitively and I am not bound by any rules when I  do this. Most of the pieces are done using "Transfer Paint" techniques, but there are also several pictorial pieces inspired by photographs. Both the "Ironworks" series and"the boat" are from photos taken by my sister Marita.




These are three pieces from the show, inspired by leaves found in Tennesssee and Hawaii. Many more at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment